Monday, October 5, 2009

I Say Herbal You Say No Thanks

The title refers to this video . In honesty I disagree with this take on herbal tea, but unlike tea made from the tea tree I mostly enjoy herbal teas at night. The obvious reason for this is that tea is caffeinated and drinking caffeine right before you want to fall asleep tends not to work out for me.

Herbal teas can be made from a huge variety of plants, so vast that saying 'herbal tea' is close to saying 'a hot drink made by bathing some sort of leaves in water'. Some of the more popular herbal teas include chamomile, made from the chamomile flower, native to Egypt; Peppermint tea, made from peppermint leaves; Red teas are technically herbal as they are not made from the tea tree plant. There are thousands of others, and in fact making your own herbal tea is fairly easy!

So this MC may not love his herbal tea, but give me a chamomile late at night and I'll say "yes please"

Cheers - Teb

No comments:

Post a Comment